Last night Grayson got to experience carving his first pumpkin. It was a lot of fun to say the least! We decided on carving a happy, funny face. Grayson got really excited when I actually started carving. I would say to him, “Okay Grayson, Mommy is going to make your pumpkin’s mouth now” and he would say “oh Wow” and then pointed to his own mouth. After I carved out the pumpkin's mouth Grayson thought it was so funny and began laughing really hard. He was really curious of what the pumpkin tasted like so, of course he had to try it. Once we got the pumpkin carved we took it outside for the lighting. Grayson thought it was really cool! When came back inside from the freezing cold we got ready for bed and watched Charlie Brown’s great pumpkin. Grayson obviously did not stop thinking about his very own pumpkin. He made several trips going to the front door to look out the blinds at his pumpkin. He would say “pumpkin”, "pumpkin". I could not believe it...I mean last year he was barly sitting up and now he is running to the door saying pumpkin. Anyway, I really believe he loves his pumpkin because this morning the first thing he wanted to do we came dowstairs was look out the front door at his pumpkin.
Happy Halloween!

The pumpkin lighting...

Me, Grayson and the happy pumpkin...

Checking out the final product...

Signing he wants more...

Helping clean out the inside of the pumpkin...
With Mimi...
Ready to begin carving...
Video footage of the pumpkin lighting...
No comments:
Post a Comment